Wednesday 4 November 2015

A Very Happy Birthday Announcement


I had a very special birthday yesterday.

Yes, I've now entered into the realm of my thirties, but I can't say I'm all that bothered by the thought of getting a little older. I had a lovely family party at the weekend, with afternoon tea and cakes and have been thoroughly spoilt with lots of presents.

I even received some lovely Liberty of London sewing notions from my lovely Aunt: a heart shaped patch, mini-sewing kit, tape measure, apple pin cushion and a box of buttons. My Hubby brought me a book on Overlockers- I had a moment of you shock, but he did not in fact buy me an overlocker. Aside from a massive storage issue in our current home, he had no idea what model to choose. I can safely say that an overlocker is definitely in my future!

The best part of my birthday, however, is an experience that will stay with me forever. I had a successful 12 week ultrasound scan, so I can now announce to the bloggersphere ....

I'm pregnant!

I'm 13 weeks and although there is a long way yet to go, I'm feeling really confident that everything with my baby is going to be okay. I have been very ill over the last 7-8 weeks and this has been the reason for my lack of posting, sewing has very much taken a back seat.

I still don't feel all that well and I am currently not making any extensive sewing plans. I have some bunting planned and a couple of small gifts to make as christmas presents but I cannot see myself sewing any garments since my weight will soon start fluctuating.

I do have some baby knitting projects that I would like to start soon, so I plan to use this time to improve my knitting!

Anyways, I thought I would update you all with my news and hopefully I will be able to post some more projects in the future.

4 comments:

  1. This is brilliant news Fiona! Congratulations to you both! Very happy birthday news!! I have lots of sewing patterns for little ones, mainly for girls so if you are finding out what you are having and need girls patterns I can send you them! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant news Fiona! Congratulations to you both! Very happy birthday news!! I have lots of sewing patterns for little ones, mainly for girls so if you are finding out what you are having and need girls patterns I can send you them! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations!! and happy birthday :) such exciting news, can't wait to see your knitting projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Wonderful news :) x

    ReplyDelete