Hello, long time no post. I dare not look back to see when I last posted, but I know it's been a long time. At this point in time, I don't feel the need to share the reasons why I haven't posted for a while. I don't want to give a trite reason of being 'busy' or life getting in the way as I would only be lying, but I might share the real reason at some point in the future.
A few weeks ago I was delighted to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Beth from Sewing Soothes the Soul. The Liebster Award is basically a way for bloggers to share their love for blogging and other bloggers and to discover new blogs. I never imagined that I would be nominated for an award and knew when I was able to get back to posting I would start off with a post dedicated to this nomination.
I now need to share 11 random facts about myself, so here they are:
- I live in a small village in Kent, although I grew up in Sussex. I love living in Kent and would now not live anywhere else.
- I am a teacher. To be specific, I teach secondary Maths. It a job that I adore and despite all the negativity from the press, government and within the teaching profession I strongly believe in the value of teaching.
- I am also a doctor. Before I taught, I completed a PhD in Maths and worked as a researcher in a London university. I hated research with a passion and managed to complete my PhD before retraining as a teacher. It's a time in my life that I sadly try and forget, so I don't often admit to having a PhD.
- I am a massive Jane Austen fan. I love reading her novels and watching film adaptations. I am a big reader of most literature (chick-lit, romance, historical, sci fi, westerns!) and will not travel anywhere without my Kindle.
- I have tried my hand at writing. I'd love to be able to write a novel but my ideas are only half formed and I don't think that my writing is high quality enough to make a decent book.
- My best friend is my Husband. We've been married for just over a year but have been together since we met a Uni 11 years ago.
- My husband and I are building our own home. We have only built the garage so far, but next year we are starting the main house. This time next year I will be sitting in my own home!
- I didn't fly in an aeroplane until I was 18. My first holiday abroad to Bilbao, Spain. Since then I have been to France, Ireland, Italy, Belgium, Holland, USA and lots of times to Spain. I have never had a massive bug to go travelling for long periods of time but love visiting cities. I really want to visit Berlin and Sicily and at some point explore Scandinavia.
- It took me 10 years (not consistently) to learn to drive. I passed on my third test but I only have an automatic license. I'm not a bad driver, but I massively lack confidence and it took me a long time to build up enough confidence in my skills to pass. I still hate driving this day and won't drive very far from home!
- I've never broken a bone in my body. (Touch Wood!) Can you tell I'm running out of fan facts about Fiona?
- It's my 30th birthday next Tuesday. I don't enjoy celebrating my birthday, as they were often a disaster growing up .... I'm looking forward this year to going to the cinema with the Husband and he's going to make me homemade pizza and lemon meringue pie. Heaven!
Many thanks, to Beth for nominating me and I now am going to nominate: Shauni at The Magnificent Thread and Twinkle at Looks Like I Made It.
I have got a few small projects on the go at the moment that I'm working on, so hopefully it won't be long until I post again but I'm not promising anything!
What are your sewing plans?