Thursday 18 June 2015

Unfinished Projects

During the previous week, I was sorting out my stash of sewing gear when I came across some unfinished projects. I'm generally quite good at ensuring that I finish a project before starting a new one. But for various reasons I currently have three unfinished projects waiting around to be completed.


I only have one unfinished sewing project - the Mimi blouse from Love at First Stitch by Tilly Walnes. As you can see, the pieces are already cut out ready to be stitched together. I chose a black poplin fabric for the main part of the blouse, with a cream poplin for the collar and cream piping on the front and back yoke by the gathers. I never got round to beginning sewing, because I think I have gone off the idea of a black and cream blouse! I might re-cut the collar in black and omit the piping so the blouse would be completely black.


I had completely forgotten about this piece of knitting! This was languishing away in a box, half completed. The needles and yarn were a christmas gift from my parents about 4 years ago. I started knitting the scarf soon after but have never kept it up for long. One of the reasons for this is that I don't really like the colour of the yarn- it's a weird neon pink and red colour. It's about 2/3 of the way finished, so I really should attempt to finish it now that my knitting speed has improved. 


This is my most recently abandoned project. It's a stuffed knitted owl that I started during my holiday in Spain at Easter. I bought the yarn and required bamboo needles as part of a set with a magazine at the Airport. Did you know that you can't take knitting needles in your hand luggage, but you can if you buy them at the airport? Anyway, the pieces are all completed but I haven't actually gotten round to sewing it all up yet.

I'm hoping that by outing myself and posting them here I can force myself into completing these projects. After some research I have found that unfinished projects are quite common in the sewing and knitting world and are often called UFO's (unfinished object) or WIP's (work in progress).

Do you have any UFO's?

No comments:

Post a Comment