Tuesday 30 June 2015

On my needles

Sewing is very much winning at the moment in the contest between sewing and knitting.


My current knitting project is the Simple Round Neck Sweater with raglan sleeves from Learn to Knit, Love to Knit by Anna Wilkinson. This is my first time knitting a full size garment so I chose this jumper as it is a simple design and pattern.





















































I'm using Style Craft Special DK in Grape. The colour is lovely and much softer in real life, with little flecks of white and pinky-purple. It's good value yarn, which is nice to work with.


I've completed the back and am a short way into knitting the front, but in all honesty I haven't picked it up in ages. I started to knit to fit something creative into my weekday evenings when I didn't have much time. Now I have my sewing space permanently set up, I'm finding that I'm able fit in a bit of sewing into my evenings. I really must get on with this jumper if its going to be finished for this winter!

What are you knitting at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment