Saturday 7 February 2015

Great British Sewing Bee 2015

It's back! I spent this week in a state of excitement, in anticipation of the start of the latest series of The Great British Sewing Bee. I haven't watched it before, except for the Comic Relief celebrity episodes which I greatly enjoyed, even though at times it seemed like car-crash sewing!



The format of the program is the same as the Comic Relief specials, with contestants facing three challenges - a 'blind' technical challenge, an item refashion and then a signature challenge. I watched it 'live' on Thursday evening but managed to catch it by accident on repeat this afternoon.

I think the contestants coped really well with this episodes technical challenge - a simple pattern for cotton trousers. Having never made trousers, this would scare me silly but they made it look so easy. I'm tempted to have a go at making some trousers myself, even though I don't really wear trousers!

My favourites so far are Deborah and Lorna, whose styles I love and Neil- his pink polka dot cut out dress was amazing. It will be interesting to see how the contest ends develop their skills over the series.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the series enfolds- can't wait for Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment